The history of department foundation and development
Preparing electrical engineers to work on power plants began in Kharkiv with the opening in 1921, Faculty of Electrical Engineering (ETF) at the Kharkov Institute of Technology (HTI). The organizer of the faculty was an outstanding scholar and teacher Pavel Petrovich Kopnyaev, who had been rector of HTI.
Legally Department of Electric Power Stations called "Central Power Stations" was established in 1930.
Heads of department